State Forestry Corps – VI Unit
Life “FUTMON” Project
Reference period: 2010 – 2012
EFFETRESEIZERO Ltd performed a specialized system to reveal and archive phyto-sanitary data (more or less 600 samples plots in the national territory) for CRA-MPF and the State Forestry Corps. With this project, Italy becomes the first country which digitalizes phyto-sanitary data in the ICP-Forest program.
FutMon (Further Development and Implementation of an EU-level Forest Monitoring System) is an applet of ESRI ArcPad which records data for survey, elaboration and control. The system is composed by a mobileGIS (FutMon – Mobile) and a web database for the on-line archive, pre-elaboration and consult of data.
FutMon – Mobile has three functionalities:
- To control the efficiency and inclusiveness of data;
- The navigation with the GPS of ESRI ArcPad and the real-time visualization of forest;
- The implementation and the computerization of elaborations to obtain information such as the average navigation with GPS and the coordinates of trees during the field work.
The Web-database has two goals:
- To control the activities of surveys and to aggregate data in a unique centralized catalogue;
- To automatically realize pre-elaboration and exportation of data in the right format.